Pages

***10% of all proceeds are donated to The National Institute of Mental Health and Kansas City Public Television through my Jack of All Trades Crafter Etsy Shop.

***Donations made to Birth Without Borders and Little Dresses for Africa through my Baby And Bloomers Etsy Shop.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Winter Hat

I have chunky yarn I LOVE and had trouble finding a pattern. So, I found a Knitting Pure and Simple pattern that I made changes to. I can't duplicate their pattern, but my changes are below. I used chunky yarn, size 11 needles and I didn't check my guage until now (shhh, don't tell). The guage is about 3.5 stitches to the inch (give or take, the yarn varies by thickness throughout).




Materials:
Chunky yarn

size 11 circular needle
leftover piece of yarn for marker

Here are the changes I made to the pattern:
Work 4 rows of 1x1 ribbing.
Knit (stockinette stitch) until work measures 6.25 inches from edge.
Decrease Round - K2, K2tog, repeating until end of round.
Knit 6 rounds
Decrease round- K1, K2tog
K 2 rounds
Decrease round K1, K2tog
K 2 rounds

No comments:

Post a Comment