Pages

***10% of all proceeds are donated to The National Institute of Mental Health and Kansas City Public Television through my Jack of All Trades Crafter Etsy Shop.

***Donations made to Birth Without Borders and Little Dresses for Africa through my Baby And Bloomers Etsy Shop.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Craft Apron!

I do a lot of crafting and have found I use my hand towel quite often. So, I decided to create an apron made from a towel (you guessed it!). It took me 10 minutes to make it. All I did was take a hand towel and stitched cording on two of the short ends (pick a short side that will be where the cording goes around your neck). Then, I stitched cording about where my waist was.


You could easily make your apron pretty with the variety of towels they sell today and use ribbon or scrap fabric to create your straps. I was being economical with what I had on hand and the towel only cost me about $3. What's nice about this apron is that when I decoupage, and constantly washing my hands, I can just use my apron instead of my nice hand towels. I also get glue on my apron, not on my clothes. Let me know if you have any questions.


Materials needed:
hand towel
cording
thread
sewing machine


Time: 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment