Pages

***10% of all proceeds are donated to The National Institute of Mental Health and Kansas City Public Television through my Jack of All Trades Crafter Etsy Shop.

***Donations made to Birth Without Borders and Little Dresses for Africa through my Baby And Bloomers Etsy Shop.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Picnic Time!

Kansas has been having a mild winter so my husband and I decided to go for a hike with our babies. As we hiked we decided that this weekend we would make a day of it and pack a picnic. So, I decided to make a little holder for the silverwear. My goal for my diy crafts is that they are quick and easy to make. You can always make them fancier. I took a piece of my favorite fabric and went from there. Enjoy!


Fold over 1/4" then another 1/4"
Materials needed:
Ribbon


Two 4.5" x 11" rectangular pieces of fabric (or use my pattern in "My Additions" section)


sewing machine
thread
pinking shears (for finishing the ribbon, or you can always sew over the ends)




Directions
1. Measure (or use pattern) and cut 2 rectangles of your fabric.
2. On one side of each of your pieces of fabric, fold over 1/4 inch, then another 1/4 inch and edgestitch.
3. Then, with right sides together, sew the three sides, being sure to leave the top (where you edgestitched) open.
4. Turn and iron.
5. Cut ribbon to desired length, then pin in desired location. Topstitch around the fabric, being sure to accurately stitch over the ribbon (I accidently tore part of the ribbon).
6. Finish off the ribbon ends using pinking shears or desired method.





Voila! You now can go on a picnic!

No comments:

Post a Comment