Pages

***10% of all proceeds are donated to The National Institute of Mental Health and Kansas City Public Television through my Jack of All Trades Crafter Etsy Shop.

***Donations made to Birth Without Borders and Little Dresses for Africa through my Baby And Bloomers Etsy Shop.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Paper Making

Handmade paper
Elderberries being boiled.
 I decided to create my own handmade paper. It is currently drying and I plan to make my bookmarks out of it.  I was able to do this with everything in my home (except for the dye). I used my own shredder to shred the paper, am making my own vegetable based dye (yes, elderberry, you guessed it). I made my "frame" from nylon and a wire hanger. I think the paper looks really cool. I put bits of fabric in it. Let me know how your paper-making excursions have gone. There are a lot of sources on the web on paper making. One, written     
 for kids, is actually the simplest
and the one I like best. The  link is for the Wisconsin Paper Council.




Elderberry


The pulp before dyeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment