Pages

***10% of all proceeds are donated to The National Institute of Mental Health and Kansas City Public Television through my Jack of All Trades Crafter Etsy Shop.

***Donations made to Birth Without Borders and Little Dresses for Africa through my Baby And Bloomers Etsy Shop.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Acorns and Elderberry

I found a great book called, "Harvesting Color," and became inspired to do some dye work. I collected a few bags of acorns and a huge bag of elderberry from my relatives' backyard. I haven't decided if I'm going to ferment the acorns or not before using them for dye. I plan to test the elderberry on some paper to see if I enjoy dye making or not. I used to dye fabric (huge sets of sheets) and that was a lot of work. I think I'll enjoy it more working with smaller items.

No comments:

Post a Comment