Pages

***10% of all proceeds are donated to The National Institute of Mental Health and Kansas City Public Television through my Jack of All Trades Crafter Etsy Shop.

***Donations made to Birth Without Borders and Little Dresses for Africa through my Baby And Bloomers Etsy Shop.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Baby Doll

My daughter liked my raggedy old doll with closeable eyes so much that she wouldn't put it down. The doll is in such horrible condition that I had to make her one for Christmas- a gift I wasn't thinking of making her. So, my mother took me to the local craft store and we bought doll body parts (sounds worse than it is), stuffing, a Simplicity pattern, and fabric for an outfit. I also had to use some help from the "How to assemble..." website. Putting the doll together wasn't very difficult. I used elastic around the limbs.

Making the doll clothing was another ordeal. Elastic ruffled doll sleeves..... yeah I didn't think it through. I used Velcro instead of buttons since my little one will only be 12 months old soon.  I recommend lots of patience and hand sewing. Sewing the coat was actually pretty easy. I did it all by machine. I used flannel and "pretend" buttons by appliqueing circles onto the coat. This was made with lots of love and I can't wait to see my little baby's face when she sees her new baby doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment